Have you heard of #Genchat? It is a Twitter Chat that allows genealogists from around the world to collaborate. Two Friday evening’s a month you can sign onto Twitter and participate. The next #Genchat will be held on Friday, April 26. You can view the entire year’s schedule here.
Here are the upcoming April – July chats. All chats start at 9:00 Central Standard Time. And additional details can be found on the schedule page.
- 26 Apr: Oral Histories and Interviews
- 10 May: LIVE! From the NGS Conference in Las Vegas!
- 24 May: Utilizing Census Records
- 14 Jun: Data Analysis: Do you see what you have for all its worth?
- 28 Jun: Cemetery Projects
- 12 Jul: Your Latest Greatest Find! Share with us!
- 26 Jul: Putting Flesh on the Bones; Telling the Stories
Have you participated in #Genchat? What did you think? What great things did you learn? How has that helped you with your research and telling the story of your family?
© 2013 Sort Your Story, Sonoma, California
Have you been writing your family history? Have you thought about the various ways to write it? Check out some of these writing posts and give it a try!
The Armchair Genealogist’s A 10 Step Plan For: Getting Sources & Citations Under Control
While you are on The Armchair Genealogist, download Lynn’s free ebook The Complete Guide to the Family History Interview
Writing Your Way to the Past’s Mashable Highlighted 2 Storytelling Apps This Week
Need a way to organize your writing? Check out Scrivener.
© 2013, Sort Your Story, Sonoma, CA