There are many great things about the Sort Your Story software and many adults are using it to organize their genealogical research. Did you know it is an excellent program for kids? Here are 10 reasons why your child should be using Sort Your Story.
- Easy to use. Kids can create a profile on themselves or an ancestor in just a few clicks. This is a great first step using software as a child enters the world of genealogy.
- It is colorful. Sort Your Story is very visually appealing. Lots of colorful icons are available for all record types.
- It is printable. Once a profile is created and records and information have been added, you can print the information and share it.
- It will keep you organized. Sort Your Story has a folder for every record type you need. Images can be stored in these folders for easy retrieval.
- You can use it for school. Sort Your Story allows you to write notes to accompany each record you enter for an individual. You can transcribe records or write a story. All of this information can be copied from Sort Your Story and pasted into a Word document to write a report for school.
What do you think? Are you ready to share Sort Your Story with your child?
© 2012 Lorel Kapke, 19201 Sonoma Hwy. #341, Sonoma, CA 95476-5413
Have you heard about the Family History Expos that are held across the United States? Sort Your Story blogger, Jennifer Holik will be presenting three lectures at the Illinois Family History Expo this weekend. Her kids’ and adult genealogy curriculum books will be on sale through Family Roots Publishing at the Expo. If you purchase one of her books, find her and ask her to sign it! She also has Sort Your Story puzzle piece magnets to give away either on a freebie table, if there is one at the Expo, or she will be carrying them with her and put them out at her lectures.
If you are looking for a new genealogical educational opportunity, there are still several this year. Visit their website to learn more!
Illinois Family History Expo 2012
Crowne Plaza Springfield
3000 South Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, Illinois 62703
August 03 – 04, 2012
Midwest Family History Expo 2012
Holiday Inn Convention Center
110 South Second Avenue
Kearney, Nebraska 68848
September 07 – 08, 2012
October Salt Lake City Family History Library Retreat 2012
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel
122 West South Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
October 22 – 26, 2012
Georgia Family History Expo 2012
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097
November 09 – 10, 2012