Happy Thanksgiving from Sort Your Story.
We hope you are enjoying the day and take some time to record the stories of your family.
How can you do this?
- Use your smartphone, IPAD, or laptop to record family stories and conversations
- Ask for copies of recipes prepared for the Thanksgiving meal
- Encourage family members to take photos and bring out old photos
- Use Sort Your Story to update and add new information
- Use the old standby – pencil and paper – to record family stories and details
- Record Thanksgiving family traditions
What was the best part of your holiday? We encourage you to share some of your stories and recipes with us and our readers.
© 2013, Sort Your Story, Sonoma, California
It is the day after Thanksgiving. Are you working on your genealogy research? Are you using Sort Your Story to organize your photos and documents?
Sort Your Story allows you to create notes on each person and document you add to the program. Why not add a few stories or notes about your Thanksgiving traditions? Here are some ideas:
- Add a story about a Thanksgiving memory past or present.
- Write about a favorite recipe your mother or grandmother prepared at each Thanksgiving. Add a photo of the completed dish to compliment the recipe.
- Write stories you heard this year about specific people in your family tree.
- Note the addresses where people lived each Thanksgiving. Addresses can be helpful when looking for records.
- Was this Thanksgiving extra special? Why? Was there a new baby in the family? A new spouse? An engagement? Do you have a photo or two to add to this story?
Those are just a few ideas. What others do you have? Please share them in the comments below.
© 2011 Lorel Kapke, 19201 Sonoma Hwy. #341, Sonoma, CA 95476-5413
- Tuesday’s Tip – Explore Sort Your Story (sortyourstory.wordpress.com)